These blocks are a special Honeywrap mix of NZ beeswax, jojoba oil and tree resin and will create awesome tacky wraps!
Each block is enough to make our set of 3 sizes, a small, medium and large.
* It can be a bit of a messy process, the wax mix is very sticky and will not easily come off your tools or surfaces but that's what makes Honeywrap work so well. If you are not prepared for the wax to be with you for a while, we suggest buying some of our pre-made ones, professionally prepared for you. :)
There are a few ways to make your own wraps at home, and if you have used our Create Your Own Starter Kits before, you will be familiar!
Here's one easy way to make your own:
1. Turn on oven to 80° degrees. (Any higher will burn the wax and cause your smoke alarm to go off!)
2. Put your pre-cut organic (way better for your food and the environment) fabric on a piece of baking sheet on top of an oven tray.
3. Grate your block of wax with grater and sprinkle evenly over the fabric, like you would a pizza - not too heavy handed like cheese.
4. Put in the oven for about 5 minutes, until wax has melted.
5. Pull out and use your brush to spread the melted wax to cover all areas as evenly as possible.
6. Hang to dry and start using when cool!
7. Kiss goodbye to plastic!
Honeywrap was established in 2013 by three ambitious mothers, who shared a passion to reduce plastic usage. Wendy Oliver has taken over the reins of Honeywrap and used her passion for sustainability to continue to grow and expand on the company's values and products, bringing Honeywrap to where it is today. Honeywrap collaborates with New Zealand artists to bring you beautifully designed wraps that tell a story. In addition, Honeywrap gives back to organisations such as Forest & Bird with their Bird of the Year campaign, Eat My Lunch, Save the Kiwi and Project Jonah, who all have a focus on environmental or social causes. Honeywrap customers have now saved over 26 million meters of plastic wrap ending up in landfills and our oceans. We are so excited to support this amazing brand so say goodbye to plastic and say hello to Honeywrap.